Conference Table Design
Conference Tables with Wiring Solutions for the Modern Workplace
Types of Power Sources for Conference Tables
First, let’s talk about the kinds of power sources you may want to have built into your conference table. In the modern workplace, connectivity is vital. Even in a face-to-face meeting, electronics often play a critical role. Let’s take a look at some of the types of power plug-ins you may need in your conference room.
- Electrical power outlets: You should already have power outlets built into the walls of your conference room, but having AC power outlets right there on the conference table allows people to charge their laptops and power other electronics conveniently during a meeting. If you use your conference table for lengthy group work sessions or meetings, this feature is invaluable.
- USB ports: You may need two types of USB ports. USB power outlets allow you to plug in and charge devices like phones and tablets. USB data outlets will also charge devices, but they serve the additional purpose of connecting your employees’ devices to other electronics in the conference room, such as printers or scanners.
- Ethernet ports: Many businesses use Ethernet as a private network for their business. If you use Ethernet at your workplace, including an Ethernet data outlet in your conference table will allow employees to access file servers and anything else on the network during a meeting or work session.
- Landline telephone jacks: A phone jack can also be a helpful addition to a meeting room table, especially if you use a phone to add people to a meeting through a conference call. If you host phone campaigns, you may want to include multiple telephone jacks, so several employees can simultaneously make calls from the conference room.
- HDMI outlets: Many conference rooms include a television screen to serve as a large monitor for presentations or group work. By running the HDMI cable from the TV to your conference table connection box, you can easily plug in an HDMI cable that connects a laptop or other device, so you can play video or broadcast your computer screen onto the TV.
Why You Should Hide Cords in Tables
How We Hide Wires in Conference Tables
Expert furniture makers can carefully conceal wires in conference tables, so meeting attendees only see conveniently placed outlets and no messy cords. How do they do it? Here at Greg Pilotti Furniture Makers, we make custom conference tables to meet your specific needs.
There are some different ways we can hide wires inside the construction of your table, depending on the design. Typically, the best method of conference room cable management is running wires inside the base of the table, with bridge units connecting the wires from base to base.
You can access the outlets via a hatch or popup, so you can discreetly conceal them when they are not in use. Some conference tables include outlets on the underneath or sides of the table, but these designs tend to be less convenient than including plug points on the top where they are easily accessible.
The secret is to design the table with connectivity in mind, rather than attempt to hide wires as an afterthought. When you choose a conference table whose design does not conceal wires, you’ll find yourself trying to retrofit it with raceways or, worse, taping wires under the table to keep them out of sight. With a conference table with built-in outlets, you can enjoy a higher level of sophistication and a more convenient experience integrating technology into your meetings.
Making Sure You Have Everything You Need
- Do you have an overall vision for your conference room’s AV system?
- What types of power sources do you need?
- Where will you plug into the power grid?
- What building codes do you need to abide by?
- What aesthetic are you going for with your conference table?
We can help you think through each relevant detail, so your custom conference table enhances the aesthetics and function of your conference room. You may need an electrician or an AV technician to help you create the setup you want in your conference room. Our specialty is the table and any other conference room furniture you need. We also offer insight into conference room design do’s and don’ts, so you can design your conference room to wow guests and provide the perfect place for employees to feel inspired and get work done.
Custom Conference Tables From Greg Pilotti Furniture Makers
View our Conference Table Options